With the 15-inch cleaning path and dual motor system, Hoover floor scrubber is revolutionary all-in-one cleaner that can be used to vacuum dry debris, as well as wet-clean and squeegee-dry most hard-floor surfaces including ceramic tile, sealed hardwood, marble, vinyl, and laminate. Quickly switch between cleaning options using the EZ Select dial. Exclusive Spin Scrub brushes–seven in all–gently and safely wet-scrub and buff hard floors, plus they pop out for rinsing clean. The Spin Scrub brushes can be interchanged with the grout brushes with specially designed bristles for cleaning tile grout on large surfaces.
The spin scrub is offered with one year manufacturer’s warranty and costs around $165.00 if you buy it from of the online retailers.
· All-in-one cleaning system vacuums, washes, and dries hard-floor surfaces
· 2-motor system; EZ Select dial for switching between cleaning options
· Spin Scrub and grout brush; separate tanks for clean solution and dirty water
· 13-inch cleaning surface; fingertip trigger control; fold-down handle
· Measures 45 by 15-1/2 inches; 1-year warranty
· Cleans all types of surfaces
even Ceramic Tile, Sealed Hardwood, Marble, Vinyl and Laminate.
· Removable Spin Scrub™ Brushes
No need to scrub on your hands and knees. Exclusive Hoover® Spin Scrub™ brushes do all the work for you. They gently and safely wet-scrub and buff hard floors, plus they pop
· Folding Handle
For easy assembly and compact storage
EZ Select Dial:
EZ Select Dial to vacuums, wash or dry your hard floor surfaces in your home. The first vacuum-wash-dry cleaning system specially designed to clean most hard-floor surfaces. Switching between cleaning options is a snap with the EZ Select dial. The Hoover Floor MATE™ can be used to both vacuum dry debris and wet clean non-carpeted hard floor surfaces like vinyl, tile and sealed hardwood. By eliminating the need for a mop, bucket, broom, dustpan, and floor steamer, the Floor MATE™ takes the work out of housework!
Stop cleaning your floors with dirty water! With conventional mopping, you dip the mop back into a bucket of dirty water and put it on the floor again. The Floor MATE’S™ dual-tank design keeps the clean water and the dirty water separate, so you never put dirty water back on your floor.
The vacuum is very light Folding Handle for easy assembly and compact storage and also consists of a caddy for all cleaning attachments. It provides extra comfort and control over all accessories which are attached to vacuum and there is no need of locating all parts all around the house before use.
Two Motor Designs:
A powerful dual motor design utilizes one motor to create powerful suction and a second to drive the multiple brush system, providing excellent cleaning power for all your hard floor surfaces.
The Multiple Brush System provides outstanding wet cleaning performance for this home floor scrubber due to the spinning action of the six counter-rotating brushes. The rotating brushes safely power-scrub all hard-floor surfaces. The brushes self-adjust with the surface of the floor enabling even cleaning of vinyl, ceramic, stone, laminates, marble and sealed hardwoods.
· Taking care of the brushes is a snap. Simply remove the brushes from the cleaner and rinse them off with water. Now the Floor MATE is ready to work when needed.
· Use the Floor MATE™ to quickly clean up spills and dry your hard-floor surfaces. Simply move the brush control switch to “Wet/Dry Pickup” and move the Floor MATE™ over the spill.
Front Mounted Floor Drying Squeegee:
· During wet pickup, the front mounted squeegee removes cleaning solution and spills, leaving the floor squeegee dry on the final pass.
Cleaning the squeegee couldn’t be easier. Simply unsnap the squeegee from the Floor MATE™ and rinse.
· The Spin scrub also comes equipped with a telescoping wand and a swivel head attachment to clean hard to reach areas. This feature allows you to easily clean small, hard to reach areas, such as behind the toilet. The telescoping wand extends to about 8 feet.
Hoover Floor Mate Recommendations:
It assembles very quickly. You really don’t even need the instructions. I did have to look at the instructions to figure out which of the two brushes were for the lino/vinyl floor. I used it on my linoleum kitchen and laundry room floors. It took a few minutes to get used to. You can’t use this thing like you would when you vacuum. You have to go slow and let the scrubbers do their work.
You’ll be amazed at the dirt the Floor Mate will pick up from floors you thought were already clean. Another thing I really like is the fact that it sucks the water off the floor right away – my floors are always in use (busy household, lots of little feet), so I can’t afford to wait half an hour for the floor to dry. With this feature they’re dry in about 5 minutes.
Nothing is going to get your floor as clean as good old’ hand washing on your hands and knees. But who is willing to do that anymore? This machine is a reasonable tradeoff between convenience and efficiency.
I wish there were a little feature like a light of some sort to help you see water. Don’t tilt the machine with the solution in it still…it will leak all over. I learned that the hard way when I was trying to switch brushes mid-way and left the solution tanks inside. This may be an electrical hazard too, so be careful! Also, make sure your pieces mentioned in the manual are actually IN THE BOX. My box arrived from Wal-Mart without an extension wand. I had to call Hoover, and they were great.